Aller au contenu

School named after Aleksandra Piłsudska

    Aleksandra Piłsudska (1882–1963) born in Suwałki, in the Suwałki Governorate, Russian Empire (now in Poland). In 1904, she joined the Polish Socialist Party (PPS), soon acting as a PPS agitator. She was the second wife of Józef Piłsudski (Chief of State), so the first lady of Poland for 1921-1922. During the First World War, she worked in the intelligence and communication section of the First Brigade of the Polish Legions. After the German invasion of Poland on 1 September 1939, she fled with her daughters via Lithuania, Latvia and Sweden to the United Kingdom (where she died).

    Address : 126 Tadeusza Kościuszki, 16-402 Suwałki


    Back to the list